In 1526, in an attempt to stop the drain of gold to continental Europe, the value of English gold was increased. After the Angel had been revalued at 7s 6d the George-Noble was introduced as its replacement with a value of 6s 8d. Relatively few were struck between 1526-29 and only a handful survive
This George Noble has initial mark rose on both sides of coin, ship sailing right with large Tudor rose on mast, h and K above for Henry VIII and Katharine of Aragon. Reverse has St George in armour on rearing horse slaying the dragon. The reverse legend reads TALI : DICA : SIGnO : MES ‘x FLVCTVARI : nEQVIT, “Consecrated by such a sign the mind cannot waver“, a line taken from a 4th century hymn by Prudentius.